Thursday, May 19, 2011

Where were you a year ago?

A year ago today I was at Harrison Medical Center in Silverdale, WA awaiting the arrival of my second child via scheduled c-section. Shortly after 12:00 pm I was taken to the operating room so they could begin prepping me. A spinal block, an IV drip and a couple of surgeons later we got under way and at 12:37 pm Marida Grace Haag was yanked into this world kicking and screaming (although she calmed down pretty quickly). She weighed 8lbs 15oz and was 19.5 inches long. And she was absolutely beautiful...




9 months ago today I was still enjoying getting to know my 3 month old little girl who, it turns out, had exactly the same size and color of eyes that I did when I was young...




6 months ago today I was loving every minute of life with the newest Haaglet, from her ninja-like ability to roll across the room to her complete and total adoration of her big sister. And every time I looked into those giant dark blue eyes with those long, GORGEOUS eyelashes I fell a little more in love with her. And I was head over heels for her smile...




3 months ago today I was dubstruck at how quickly the time was going by. My little baby was pullling up to standing, laughing at life and crawling across the house with reckless abandon. She was the happiest 9 month old I'd ever met and was still an absolute joy to be around...



Today I am in a constant state of shock and awe when it comes to my littlest girl. From the mouthful of cat food (shock!) to climbing up the stairs in less than 45 seconds (shock!) to her walking across the entire house while holding onto the sin-n-stand walker (awe!), I am always amazed by, sometimes frightened for and certainly never bored with Marida. She is my little Ninja Monkey and every day with her is an adventure...



Happy birthday to you, Marida Grace Haag. I love you to the moon and the stars, around the sun, and back again.

xoxoxo

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment