In a perfect world there would be a tiny little force field around the power button on your computer tower.
Our computer's power button glows blue when the computer is on. Back in the day when Maron was Marida's age, she loved to crawl up to the computer desk and put her finger on the power button and push it in, which would make every program close and the computer shut off cold. There was something about the little tiny blue light that was like a moth to the flame with Maron. She absolutely could not resist it. It got so bad that I eventually took a piece of black electrical tape and put it over the button so Maron couldn't see the little blue light. That seemed to do the trick; once I put the tape over the button Maron never pusehd it in again.
Fast forward to almost 3 years later. There is a new 1 year old baby crawling around the house, encompassed with the same desire to push the little blue-lit button. The only problem is that, as time went by and Maron matured, I eventually took the black eletrical tape off the button because it was no longer necessary. Now, 9 or 10 button-pushed-in-by-Marida's later, I cannot find the [EXPLETIVE DELETED] electrical tape!!
So now I sit here, after waiting almost 5 minutes for my computer to shut down, turn off and then start back up again, and I'm thinking to myself that, in a perfect world, there would be a teeny, tiny little force field around my computer's power button so that my baby pushing the button and turning off my computer without any date being saved wouldn't even be a possibility.
No comments:
Post a Comment