Sunday, May 1, 2011

Ready... Set...

Tomorrow, as promised, is going to be my first day on the second portion of Insanity (finally). I have completed the first 4 weeks and the recovery week two times, and I feel now that I am as ready as I am ever going to be to go into the MAX portion.

The first workout on the agenda for tomorrow is Max Interval Circuit. The Fit Test is supposed to be done before it, but I decided to get up and do the Fit Test today instead. The workouts I have been doing are all around 40 minutes, and tomorrow's is a solid hour. To add a 25 minute Fit Test on top of that is a little more than I can handle, considering I'm not sure I'm even going to survive tomorrow's workout (especially considering the FT alone always wears me out).

I am pleased to report that my Fit Test numbers have all shown a vast improvement since I started Insanity 12 weeks ago. And I'm even more pleased to tell you that, while I absolutely think there's a real possibility I might die this coming week, I am actually (mostly) looking forward to starting the Max portion. Doing the Insanity has completely changed my feelings about exercising. Right now I am stronger physically than I have been in years, and I am stronger mentally than I have ever been in my entire life. I'm at a point now where I want to work my body. I want to do better, get better, be better. And the simple fact that I am (mostly) looking forward to tomorrow instead of cringing back in paralyzing fear is a big win for me.

I really feel like it's time to kick this weight loss up a notch, and I think the Max workouts are going to do just that. Stay tuned for an update on tomorrow's Max workout (assuming I don't drop dead of hardcore cardio exhaustion).

No comments:

Post a Comment