Saturday, May 21, 2011

Today was Marida's 1st birthday party. We kept it small - just a few friends of Maron's that Marida sees on a regular basis. It was a lot of fun though, and everyone had a good time. I put Marida in a pretty pink smock dress that a friend sent me and she looked ADORABLE!

Marida's party was Winnie the Pooh themed. The WtP cake I got from Albertsons was perfect. They even gave us a single cake for free since it was her 1st birthday.


It was her first time eating cake or frosting, and it's safe to say she LOVED it. We gave her a giant piece of cake and she ate the whole thing! I thought I would have to be peeling her off of the ceiling but she actually handled the sugar high very well.


Marida got a bunch of presents, most of which light up and/or make noise. I think her favorite present was the pink pig that sings and jiggles when you press its nose. My favorite present was the pink sun hat. I've looked all over the place trying to find a hat with a strap for her with no luck, so this is perfect. Thanks Georgi!


This was the first real birthday party I've thrown, so I was a bit nervous about it. It seemed to go well though. Everyone has plenty to eat and drink and all the kids had fun, which is the most important thing. I'll get more practice pretty pretty soon since Maron's birthday is only 3 months away. My head is already buzzing with ideas for a Tinkerbell themed party...


Happy 1st birthday party Marida! I'm flabberghasted at how quickly the time has gone by, but it's worth it to get to know you a little better each day. You amaze me, my little Ninja Monkey, and I love you forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment