Thursday, May 12, 2011



So here's the thing: I have never met Shaun T, the creator of the Insanity program. He doesn't know me, so I have no reason to believe that he has a personal vendetta against me.

But it sure feels that way sometimes.


Today was my 2nd go at the Max Recovery workout. And while I'd like to think I did just a teensy weensy bit better than I did last week, I just don't know. Somehow the whole workout seemed worse today than it did the first time. I did everything to the best of my ability but at the end of it I found myself wondering once again at the audacity of Shaun T to call that a recovery workout. How can I possibly be recovering when my leg muscles are burning their way through my skin and the strain from trying to hold my core tight enough brings me this close to puking?


Tomorrow's workout is Max Cardio Conditioning, which I don't mind one bit. It's the shortest of the Max workouts, clocking in at 47 minutes. It's the same premise as Pure Cardio; all-go-no-quit cardio endurance training. And while I miss the water break every three and a half minutes that you get with the circuit training, I find that I really like the aspect of doing an exercise, then doing another and another etc until the end. I like that we don't do four exercises and then repeat them two more times like we do in the circuit training. It somehow feels a little easier to soldier on that way. What I am not looking forward to tomorrow is Cardio Abs, which is on the docket to follow immediately after the main workout. 47 minutes of Max Cardio Conditioning + 16 minutes of Cardio Abs = 63 minutes of suck = 1 extremely sweaty, exhausted Micah.

No comments:

Post a Comment