This morning's Max Interval Plyo workout signaled the end of my first week of the Max portion of Insanity. I gave it my all this week, even working through a pinched nerve in my back yesterday and a raging headache today. I can't say that I held my own through the workouts. A lot of the exercises were new to me and, while there was nothing I was physically unable to do (such as running up a wall and doing a backflip into a handstand), I do not have the strength and agility to do a couple of them. I know I'll get there eventually, but until I do I will just have to settle for doing regular push-ups instead of power push-ups (where you do go down in a regular push-up and then propel yourself upwards while bringing your legs in, ending up standing but bent over).
My lack of strength and agility aside, I'm very proud of myself for getting through this week. I have been dreading it for months. And while it was not anywhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be, it was definately bad enough. I am physically exhausted right now, and have been every day this week. The up side is that I have slept like a rock every night this week. The down side is that after Monday, every time the alarm went off at 4:45 I wanted to cry because I was still so tired that I would do anything to have three more hours of sleep. And worse than that is how wiped out I have felt during the day. This afternoon when I was upstairs in Maron's room I put a pillow behind my back and sat up against the wall with the intention of reading a book or two to the girls. The next thing I knew Maron was in my face yelling "What are you doing?" because I had leaned up against her dresser and dozed off.
As weary as I am I will not be deterred. I am going to complete the next three weeks, doing the best I can and getting better every day. Since it is highly doubtful that I will magically reach my goal weight in the next three weeks I will likely start the whole program over again once I finish it. The whole shebang, start to finish with no interruptions and no excuses. But that's still a month off. For now I will focus on the task at hand, which is doing three more weeks of Max interval workouts without dying.
No comments:
Post a Comment