Monday, May 16, 2011

Party like a rock star!

This past Saturday I got my belated Mother's Day gift from Steve, which was a day/night out with my friends Georgi and Barbara. We had made plans to go see the Rat City Roller Girls (roller derby) at the Key Arena in Seattle. As Barbara is getting married on the 28th, Georgi and I conspired to turn derby night into Barbara's bachelorette party, and it was an EPIC success!

We started off by getting dressed to the 9's in derby fashion and then headed into the city. Derby was awesome, as usual, and much too much fun (despite the fact that both of the teams we were rooting for lost their bouts).




After derby we went to the Rock Box, which is the most righteous Karaoke bar ever! It's Japanese style, which means that instead of just sitting around a bar like would-be-rock-star cattle waiting to sing, you rent private rooms in one hour increments. When Georgi first told me about it the concept seemed a little wierd to me, but once we were there it made total and perfect sense. I ended up singing a whole slew of songs that I've never sang at Karaoke before because I didn't know if I could pull them off or not. But in this instance we came, we sang and we had a bitchin' good time! Unfortunately none of us sang extraorddinarily well because we all blew our voices out shouting at derby, but we had fun and acted like rock stars regardless.




All in all I had a VERY fun 12 hours away from home, even though I was (much) worse for wear the next day. As awesome as it is to let loose and party every once in a while, it's certainly a lot harder to recover from than it was when I was 22. TOTALLY worth it though, as we were able to give Barbara a righteous surprise bachelorette party. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment