Thursday, May 5, 2011

This morning I completed day 4 of my first week of Max workouts. Today was Max Recovery which, although not plagued by massive all-go-no-quit cardio, was the hardest workout I've done to date. It's the slow-and-controlled aspect that makes it challenging, along with the fact that I simply do not have enough upper arm strength to go down into a pushup for a 4 count and come back up for a 4 count and repeat it 15 more times. There were also a few yoga type hip flexer stretches that, while I am able to get into the proper pose, I am in no way capable of holding for as long as they do. At one point I was certain, to the very core of my being, that the muscles on the inside of my thighs were going to burst into flames.

I did the best I could today, but it was a pretty sad, pathetic showing. I am definately looking forward to increasing my muscle stamina and getting better at this workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment