Thursday, March 10, 2011

Sidelined

Yesterday was the first time since starting the Insanity program that I did not get up and do my workout. I went to bed Tuesday night feeling like crap and woke up Wednesday morning feeling even crappier. I seem to have developed a head cold this week. Not bad enough to put me on bed rest or anything, but bad enough that I am groggy and light-headed and feel as though my head is made of snot. So I didn't workout yesterday or today, as I still feel the same.

I am hoping to feel better tomorrow so that I can get back to my workour routine. It's amazing how off my game I feel after only two days. Normally I would berate myself for not sucking it up and exercising anyway, but I realized quickly that if I don't let my body rest and get better this head cold will turn full-body and then it will really suck to be me. Also, I feel it's irresponsible (and dangerous) to do hardcore cardio when feeling light-headed. It's not going to do anyone any good if I pass out mid power jump and crack my head on the floor.

I've decided what I'm going to do it finish out this recovery week as best I can and then I'm going to repeat it again next week. I think it will be better for me to do the recovery week again anyway to try to work on my stamina. I've previewed the workouts for the MAX portion of the program, and they are beyond insane. I couldn't even watch one whole disc without getting tired. The workouts are longer, faster and much more difficult. I would be lying if I said I wasn't increadibly scared of what's coming up. When I told Steve that he suggested I do the first 4 weeks over again to better prepare for the MAX weeks. And I had thought about that, but really there's no point. There is absolutely nothing I could do to be ready for what's coming up. All I can do it go forward and give it my best, which is what I've done throughout all of this program.

No comments:

Post a Comment