Sunday, March 20, 2011

After a full week of the Core Cardio & Balance recovery workout and a lot of careful consideration I have decided that, instead of going on to the MAX portion of this program, I am going to go back to the beginning and redo the first 4 weeks of Insanity.

Initially I watched all of the workouts for the MAX portion and, knowing full well that I would not be anywhere close to ready for it, I was going to do it anyway. But in my mind I kept questioning that decision and in the end I decided to take my husband's advice. I know full well that I don't have near enough stamina to attempt the MAX workouts, and as Steve pointed out: there's nothing in it for me to go into the 2nd half of the program physically unable to do it. It's just setting myself up for failure.

So I'm going to go back to the beginning. I am going to spend the next four weeks doing it all again, harder and faster than ever. My goal is that, by the end of the (2nd) first half of the program, I will be able to complete at least one whole workout, start to finish, without takings any breaks (something I have not yet been able to do). Because if I can't make it through the recovery worouts without resting 3 or 4 times, how the hell am I supposed to tackle Max Interval Plyo or Max Cardio Conditioning?

No comments:

Post a Comment