Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Rollin, Rollin, Rollin...

Marida is three days away from the 10 month mark now, and she is a pistol! She has reached that fabulous point in development where she knows she can move, she wants to move and she's going to move, no matter what. This is something I want to encourage, of course, except when she is on the changing table and I am trying to change her diaper and/or clothing. When she is fighting to roll over and I'm trying to keep her flat to fasten her diaper... when she is stretching her hardest and I'm trying to (gently) bend her little arm to get it into the sleeve of her shirt.

Other than her extreme lack of changing table cooperation I am ecstatic with Marida's progress. She is pulling up on everything these days, and a couple of days ago she climbed the entire set of stairs all by herself. She's really gotten the hang of self-feeding and has about a 70% accuracy rate in getting food into her mouth. I'm still working on getting full acceptance of a sippy cup from her, but we've made some definite progress.

Marida is a very happy baby overall, and she is STILL an absolute joy to be around. Just ask anyone who knows her. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment