Saturday, March 5, 2011

4 down, 4+ to go...

This morning I finished out week 4 of Insanity. It was Plyometric Cardio Circuit today, and I pushed myself to my limits, knowing that this was the last day I would be doing this particular disc. Next week is the 'recovery week'. It's 6 days in a row of Core Cardio and Balance, which I have not done yet. I will be screening the disc later today to see just what I am in for. If it's anything like Cardio Recovery, it won't be very recovery-ful at all. Every Thursday when I have done Cardio Recovery I have ended the workout drenched in sweat with every muscle in my legs burning. Burning in a good way, but still making trips up and down stairs a bit shaky for a solid hour. I will relish in the recovery week though, because after that it gets hard.

The second 4 weeks of the Insanity program are the MAX weeks, and from all the Insanity user reviews I've read on line, the max workouts pretty much make you want to die. Here is a taste of what my first max week (which will start on the 14th) is going to look like:
Monday: Fit Test & Max Interval Circuit
Tuesday: Max Interval Plyo
Wednesday: Max Cardio Conditioning
Thursday: Max Recovery
Friday: Max Interval Circuit
Saturday: Max Interval Plyo
I have not screened any of these workouts yet, but that is on the agenda for next week. Then I'll know better what to expect, and hopefully have time enough to let the FGIMH get out all of her whining and bitching before the real work begins.

All told it has been a long, sweat filled 4 weeks. I literally have never worked this hard for anything in my entire life. This is a hardcore program, and no one is more shocked than I am at the level of commitment I have reached with this. I've worked out through pain and exhaustion, each day as hard as the one before because I have continually pushed myself to go faster and do more. I have been digging deeeper for 4 weeks now, and I am proud of myself beyond measure. And even more than that, I have physical changes to show for it all! I am now down one pant size, with one more to go. I can't even express how good it feels when buying a t-shirt or workout pants I can pull the L size off the reack instead of the XL.

Insanity works, and it is awesome. It is definately kicking my ass each and every morning, but at least it's kicking my ass back into an old wardrobe.

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you! I am not sure (no, I'm completely sure) that I could not do that... or would not have the drive to push myself through as you have. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete