Monday, March 14, 2011

Back at it!

Well I only ended up doing the two workouts last week... A head cold and a bad case of the 'I don't wanna's' kept me from doing any more than that. So imagine me surprise when I got on the scale this morning to find myself down 3 more lbs! That more than anything shows you the power of what the right diet can do when you stick to it.

I am beyond happy with the 3 lb loss because that puts my total at 25 lbs lost in the last 10 weeks. That's HUGE! I'm stoked, and more than just a little pleased with myself. I am now half way through my 2011 goal of losing 50 lbs by my 30th birthday, which is September 9th. I know that the next 25 is going to be harder than the first 25, but I know I can do it. (If we lived in the world that exists in my head you would be able to see my eyes blaze with ferocious determination when I say this.)

During my 5 day hiatus from Insanity I found myself really missing it. I have gotten into the habit of starting my day with movement and strength. I let Shaun T kick my ass before I've even had a cup of coffee. And even more than the physical gain of workoing out I missed the mental and emotional benefits. I like starting my day with a hardcore workout because then I feel like, whatever else happens that day, I've done my part to get one step closer to my goal. And when I sate my sweet tooth with 3 tablespoons of chocolate chips I like to feel like I've earned them.
The fact that I missed the workouts at all is hugely ironic to me. I've never been one of those people who enjoys exercising. In fact, I'm STILL not one of those people. I hate exercising. I just hate being fat even more. I'm just fortunate that I was able to find something that it challenging yet motivating to me, which Insanity is.

So with a fresh 3 lbs weight loss and the 25 lb milestone under my belt (and the pretty new Addidas cross trainers my wonderful husband bought me yesterday) I got up this morning and did my workout with renewed ferver. I did better today than I have before, and tomorrow I hope to do even better. I still have nowhere near the stamina and capability that the people on the dvd do, but I'm working my hardest, and it's paying off in leaps and bounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment