Dear Diary,
Yesterday I got up at 4:45 am, got dressed, started a pot of coffee and started my workout. It was the Fit Test, the easiest workout in the Insanity program, coming in at only 25 minutes. I did okay, but I've definately done better. I realized it's been too long since my last round of Insanity. Far, far too long. My legs were a little sore, but not too bad.
This morning I woke up and my legs hurt worse than they did when I went to bed. But I still got up at 4:45, got dressed, started the coffee and started my workout. Today is was Plyometric Cardio Circuit. I couldn't even remember the last time I had done that workout. I looked it up, and it was June 4th. Almost 3 damn months!!
I did the workout to the best of my ability, and I think I did okay. At least, I did okay for not having done it in so long. but it was hard!! And the pain I had in my leg muscles this morning is nothing compared to what it is now. My legs feel like they're on fire!! Every step I take is a half-shuffle, half-limp. I'm sure if Steve were here he'd describe it as a teeter-totter-waddle. (Speaking of Steve, I want to tell you, Diary, how proud I am of him. For the last two days in a row he has also gotten up at 4:45 and rode the recumbant bike while I've done Insanity.)
I think the most frustrating part of being as sore as I am right now is the unexpected nature of it. I mean, I knew it would be difficult to get back into Insanity, and I knew it would feel like I hadn't done it in a few months. But right now my legs feel as if I'd never done it at all! Every step up or down the stairs bring a new and horrifying aspect of pain to my muscles. And you know what, Diary? Tomorrow I'm going to have to get up and work out again! And tomorrow's workout is Cardio Power & Resistance. Aaahh!
No comments:
Post a Comment