Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Of Hats...

Hello Dear Friends,
Allow me to introduce you to my hat. This is the Indiana Jones hat I bought at the Australia Store in Leavenworth, WA while on my 5th anniversary romantic getaway weekend. Aside from one (very cool) Leavenworth beer stein magnet, this is my only real souvenir from that weekend. I thought about getting a t-shirt or a hat that actually said Leavenworth on it, but in the end I decided on the Indiana Jones hat. (I'm not kidding - it actually says Indiana Jones on the band inside of the hat.)

You see, I have wanted an Indiana Jones all of my life; at least, all of my life since I saw Raiders of the Lost Ark (back when I was far too young to be watching movies like that). I thought Indiana Jones, as a character, was so damn cool. I mean, archaeology professor by day, treasure hunter by night? Sign me the fuck up!

So when Steve and I were in Leavenworth for our anniversary weekend and I saw THIS hat at the Australia Store, I knew I absolutely HAD to have it. Not only do I think of that wonderful weekend every time I put it on, I also hear the 'Indiana Jones' theme music in my head.

Duh da duh duh, Da duh duh duh...


No comments:

Post a Comment