Tuesday, February 15, 2011

This morning I completed the workout for day 2 of my second week of Insanity. Today’s disc was Pure Cardio (ugh!), and I was determined to push myself harder than I did on day 5 of last week when I did this workout the first time. And something amazing happened – I actually worked harder. I was doing the exercises faster and for longer intervals than I have been, and at one point during the warm-up I actually got a stitch in my side. Now, I know what you’re going to say, “But Micah, you’re so out of shape that it probably doesn’t take much work to give you a stitch in the side.” True. But what you have to understand is that I am SO out of shape that, before I can even reach the point where I’m working hard enough to get a stitch in my side, I usually have to stop and breathe and try to get my legs to stop shaking.

The motto of Insanity is “Earn It”, and I have been. This is me five minutes after my workout this morning:



That is how I look every morning after my workout. And I am damn proud to look like that! It means that I have pushed myself, and it means that I am one workout closer to my goal. Yesterday morning I got on the scale for the Monday morning weigh-in and I was down 3 lbs from last week. That gives me a total of 15 lbs lost in the last 6 weeks. I don't know about you, but I think that's kind of a big deal.

So today was good. So was yesterday. In fact, every day that I get up and workout on this program is good. I am feeling stronger now than I have in years, and I am only just beginning to get the dust off my muscles. And I feel better about myself. I feel like this really is my year to acheive my goals and that nothing is going to stand in my way this time. I still have a long way to go - 35 lbs to be exact. And it's going to be hard, just like losing the first 15 has been. But at least now I feel like it's okay that it's hard. It's like my dad once said to me: Some things should be hard, because meaningful change takes time. I really understand that now, and I accept it. Because the harder I work now to get to where I want to be, the more I will appreciate it once I'm there.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Micah! You motivate me! Keep up the good work! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete