So I know I'm about 13 years too late to be bitching about this, but I got a late start.
I have just finished watching the first season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Netflix. I have never seen any of the show before and Netflix now streams it.
Now, don't get me wrong; I am all about the willing suspension of disbelief. I can totally did the concept of a teenage girl being an almighty vampire slayer, just as I can totally dig the concept of vampires in and of themselves. But what I cannot wrap my mind around, try as I might, is the fact that Sunnydale High School is still open. 10 people and a pig have died there, and it's only the end of the first season. Who are they trying to kid? Think about the high school you went to... How many dead bodies do you suppose could be discovered either in the school or on the grounds (in one semester, I might add) before the school was closed down? Two, maybe three? Four at the outside. And who the hell are these parents who let their teenagers continuing going to a school where the principal was eaten in his own office? I mean, I know Sunnydale is sitting on the Hell Mouth and all, but come on!
No comments:
Post a Comment