Sunday, February 6, 2011

Big news for Marida fans out there - yesterday morning Marida started crawling! She was on the rug in the living room. Georgi and I were in there chatting and Marida kept getting onto her knees and looking like she was going to crawl. I've been seeing that for a while now, but Georgi was all aglow about the possibility. So I said, "Let's try this" and set the remote control for the DVD player on the floor a few feet away from her. Because, to babies and toddlers alike, remotes are like the forbidden fruit. (Case in point, immediately after I set the remote on the ground Maron came streaming into the living room trying to pick it up. ) Marida saw the remote, got The Gleam in her eye, and just went for it.


So now Marida can crawl as well as sit up all by herself (which she did for the first time on Feb 1). I'm so proud of my little monkey!! I'm also terrified and paranoid when I think of all the shenanigans she's going to be able to get into now, but that's my problem, not hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment