So this morning I got up for day 6 of my second week of Insanity. In today's agenda was not one, but TWO workouts. Pure Cardio (eek!) and Cardio Abs (which I haven't done before). Seeing as the 40 minutes of Pure Cardio always leave me a quivering mass of jelly, I truly felt I would not be able to do the Cardio Abs. So I decided to do just one workout today, and I went with Cardio Abs. My stomach is where I have the most fat and it's where I would like to be the most tone. I felt like I was punking out a little bit, but then I thought about the fact that I am up at 6:00 for the 6th day in a row, for the second WEEK in a row... and I didn't feel like that much of a punk. As Steve pointed out to me this morning, the fact that I am up and working out at all makes me not a punk. So there.
When the dvd first started up and I saw it was only 16 minutes long I was stoked. Then I started the workout and learned fast that 16 minutes is all you need to break a sweat and give your muscles a hardcore workout when you're doing the right stuff. I was mostly able to keep up with Shaun T and the gang, but there was one thing I couldn't do. One exercise was to sit back into a C position, put your palms on the floor in front of your obliques (so the only thing supporting you is your core), and then tuck both knees into your chest, straighten them back out and then lift them both straight up. The combination of my lack of core muscle and large mass of belly fat made me unable to do either thing effectively. I can do it if I'm laying flat on the floor, but not sitting in the C position. Not yet.
There is one thing that has changed since I've started this program; When Shaun T says to "keep your core tight" during the workouts, which he does constantly, that actually means something to me now. A few weeks ago I did not have enough stomach muscle to suck it in, but now I do. I can't keep my core tight as long as I need to for a lot of this stuff, but it's getting better.
Today's workout (Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs) is coming back around on Wednesday of next week. My goal is to do both, even if I am only able to do the floor exercises by the time Cardio Abs come around. Every day that I do this I get stronger, and by the time this thing is over I'm going to be able to C sit and tuck both knees in like a mo-fo.
No comments:
Post a Comment