Monday, February 21, 2011

Getting Better...

This morning was the start of week 3 of Insanity, and it began with the Fit Test. This is the series of exercises (done every 2 weeks) to use as your yardstick in measuring your progress. During the first Fit Test I marked down how many reps of each exercise I could do in one minute, and subsequent Fit Tests should show those numbers going up. I am pleased to say that they have. Here is the list of exercises, what I did on day 1 of the first week and how I did today. Prepare to be amazed!

EXERCISE DAY 1 TODAY
Switch Kicks 55 60
Power Jacks 34 45
Power Knees 55 66
Power Jumps 15 20
Globe Jumps 4 6
Suicide Jumps 7 9
Push-Up Jacks 9 17
Low Plank Obliques 36 43

Now before you go handing out congratulations all over the place, be aware that my improvement # is lower than the beginning # of the people on the Fit Test dvd. Of course, one of the people on there is nicknamed The Machine... so, okay, you can congratulate me a little bit. :-)

I am SO proud of myself for not only committing to this program but sticking with it. Before I started this I was afraid I would get half way though the first week and the FGIMH (fat girl in my head) would knock me down and convince me it was too hard for us and that I needed to quit. But oddly enough, I have barely heard a peep out of her. We both felt so strangely good after the workout on the first day that she sat back and (other than some protests regarding our knees) kept quiet. I was actually shocked to hear the FGIMH this morning. Not because she was still there, but because she piped up for the sole purpose of cheering me on. Going through the reps this morning it wasn't just Shaun T telling me to dig deeper, it was the FGIMH too. And then when I got on the scale after my shower this morning to find myself down 2 more lbs, the FGIMH told me I was doing awesome, that I CAN do this, and that I AM doing this.

How's that for a slice of fried gold?

No comments:

Post a Comment