Wednesday, January 2, 2013

It's Time

With the arrival of the new year comes the resolutions. Some new, many old, some really big and important, some dinky or frivolous. For the first time in my life I am making a resolution, a great big important one, that I am going to stick to no matter what. I have to.

My resolution in 2013 is to GET HEALTHY. And I'm not just talking about the 'lose weight and get in shape' kind of healthy, I am talking about a COMPLETE LIFESTYLE MAKEOVER. I am talking about a complete overhaul of my eating habits, my food intake, my physical activity - everything. I need to change what and how much I eat. I need to seriously curb my alcohol intake, if not give it up entirely. I need to become active and fit. I need to create a completely new set of (healthy) habits that I do now and tomorrow and every day for the rest of my life. Do I need to 'lose weight and get in shape'? Oh yes, but I need to do it on a massive scale. In short, I need to lose 80 lbs. And that's not "I have to lose 80 lbs in order to be skinny and hot." That's, "I need to lose 80 goddamn lbs before I am at what my doctor considers to be my optimum healthy weight." That is going to take everything I have and more, but I have to do it. I'm 31 years old, I have two small children, a wonderful husband and the whole rest of my life to live. I can't put off changing any longer. I am out of time and out of excuses, and starting January 7th it's do or die time. 2013 is the year I get my shit together and become the wife, mother, and PERSON that I've always wanted to be. For my family, for my future, and for MYSELF. Because I'm worth it, dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment