Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Annoyed

We are now a full week plus a day into November, well on the way to Thanksgiving. All around me (okay, all around on Facebook) people are listing one thing every day that they are thankful for. People so far have been thankful for their families, their loves, cars, bubble baths, the weather... It's all very well and good and terribly, terribly sweet. I thought about doing the same thing, because I really do have a lot to be thankful for, but at this juncture I find myself unable to go along with the great thankful masses on this one. Because when I look inside, deep into the depths of my secret heart of hearts, I find that I am annoyed.

I am annoyed at the world. I am annoyed at society at large, and I can't think of anything to do but rant about it here, where my negative energy won't affect the people around me. So here, in the great, vast blogosphere, I will spend my month ranting and raving about what annoys me the most in this world. It won't make a difference in the great scheme of things, but it'll make me feel better by a damn site.

So here it comes... Right now I find that I am really and truly annoyed by Kim Kardashian. All of the Kardashians, really, but as Kim Kardashian and her failed/sham/whatever marriage is what's splashed all over the internet home pages right now, she's the one my annoyance is focused on. Because Kim Kardashian had this big, elaborate and expensive wedding to a basketball player she'd known for less than a year and people are shocked - SHOCKED that she filed for divorce after only 72 days. And now the world is completely abuzz with questions about whether the marriage was real or a publicity stunt, what's going to happen with her uber-gaudy engagement ring, what's going to happen with all of the wedding gifts... And my question to the world is this: WHO THE FUCK CARES?!?!?! What does it matter?! Why are we the world so concerned with the vapid circus that is all things Kardashians? Kim Kardashian spent $2 MILLION dollars on her wedding and made 3 times that much off of the hype and publicity of it, and all the while there are people in this country who can't afford health insurance for their kids. People who are losing their homes because they were laid off from their jobs and can't find work. There are people who are lying awake at night worrying about how they are going to feed their children the next day. Meanwhile Kim Kardashian's family keeps talking to the media in her defense, saying people don't know her and why can't the world respect her privacy and blah, blah, blah.

I am annoyed by Kim Kardashian. I am annoyed by society's obsession with all things Kardashian, and what I want more than anything is for Kim Kardashian to be eaten by a bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment