Thursday, September 29, 2011

It is an early Thursday morning here in Kingston, and it looks like it's going to be a nice day today. Yesterday was nice so I loaded the girls into the double stroller after breakfast and went on a 2.5 mile walk through my neighborhood. It's quite an exercise, considering the steepness of the hills around my house and the fact that Maron + Marida + double stroller = about 70 or so pounds of weight to push up and down the place. I should probably do the same thing again this morning, but mother nature has come calling and I'm bloated and crampy and I just don't want to.

So instead I will spend the day at home, trying my best to be productive. My agenda for today (aside from regular laundry and bath tub scrubbing chores) is going to be more junk removal. Tomorrow is garbage day, so I'm going to go outside this afternoon and see if I can rip a few more pieces off the shanty to go into the trash. I'm also going to go through clothes and baby toys and see if I can get together another batch of stuff for Goodwill, since there will probably be a Costco trip this weekend, and Goodwill is right across the street.

It feels good to get rid of stuff. I feel that, with each piece of detritus I am able to clear away from our lives, we are taking a step forward and getting a teeny, tiny bit closer to the future. Something new and better. I feel like we're putting the past away, one little bit at a time, so that we can start living our own lives for our own happiness' sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment