Friday, July 8, 2011

This year for the 4th of July I decided to take the girls dowtown to the Kingston 4th of July Parade. I haven't been to it since 2005, and the girls have never been. Aunt Georgi came over with her dog Rocky in tow, and together we set off for fun and adventure.

Here were are at a table outside an ice cream shop, where we decided to set up camp and eat lunch before the parade began.



Rocky was such a good dog the entire day. He didn't even try to eat Maron's cheese stick, which was dangling a mere, delicious foot from his head.





Marida was really tired by the time we stopped for lunch, so she wasn't very enthusiastic about the parade...




Maron on the other hand LOVED the parade! WHile Georgi sat with Marida I took Maron to the center median in the road to get a front row view. She got such a kick out of the people waving to her from the parade cars. By the time the parade was over she walked away with 2 bead necklaces and a pocket full of candy, so definately a win for her.





I'm glad Maron had such a good time watching the parade. I did too. Hopefully next year marida will be old enough to really enjoy it as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment