Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Four days from now my oldest brother Kasey is getting married. What's that? You need me to repeat that? Kasey is getting married. Kasey is getting married. Yes, I'm talking about Kasey Kilgore. Yeesh!

Seriously though, I love my brother to bits and always have, but between you me and the fence post... aw, hell. Who am I trying to kid? Anyone who's ever met Kasey knows he's not exactly the happiest, most personable character in the book. We all know which of the seven dwarves he would be. And he likes being that way, so don't get all up in arms thinking I'm dissing my big bro days before he getss hitched. Kasey has always been the laughably bitter, cynical bastard and he's nothing if not proud of it.

Imagine my surprise/delight then, when I met Kasey's girlfriend Lisa for the first time and she was WONDERFUL! She's smart and funny and witty and chock full of hilarious stories. For every bit that Kasey is the quiet guy in the corner reading a book, she is outgoing and talkative. I love Lisa to bits and I love the person Kasey is when he's around her. Until she came into his life I had no idea Kasey could be so sweet and (gasp!) tender. It's really quite astonishing. I was SO stoked when the two of them became engaged and I am SO excited to not only attend their wedding, but to get be a part of it. I get the very distinguished honor of being one of (and the only female) groomsmen. I'm even ecxcited about the dress I'll be wearing. It's a black version of the bridesmaids dress, and it's a wonderful cut and length for my height and body type. Steve is also going to be a groomsman, and I absolutely can't wait to see him in his (outragiously overpriced) tux. In all the years I've known him I have never seen him in a formal jacket, so this is going to be sweet!

Oh, and in case you're wondering the answer is yes, I DO get to go to the bachelor party. Woot! I'm hoping we'll end up somewhere cool and that I'll get to fulfill one of my lifelong dreams of doing a body shot off of a hot chick. Natch!

So here's to you, Kasey and Lisa! I love you both and I absolutely cannot wait to see you guys tie the knot this coming Saturday. I wish you both all of the love, joy and happiness the Universe has to offer! xoxox



1 comment:

  1. Very well put. I especially love the part about who Kasey is when Lisa is around. There is always some tender under those gruff exteriors. This weekend is gonna be a wonderful celebration. Play fair at the bachelor party now!

    ReplyDelete