Monday, June 27, 2011

Almost there...

I am now 2 weeks into my 4 week Atkins Diet plan. After an amazing 5 lbs of weight loss in the first 3 days I was a little nervous about what the scale would say for my weigh-in today. So imagine my surprise when it showed another 3 lbs lost. !!!!! That means I have lost 8 lbs in the last 2 weeks. Now if you will excuse me for a minute, I would like to run around the room giddily.

(WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!)

Okay, I'm back. And I'm stoked. 2 weeks ago I was 15 lbs away from my goal weight. Now I'm only 7 lbs away. And today I actually left the house for a trip to the store wearing one of the three pairs of 'goal' jeans that I have not been able to wear for 6 1/2 years. It was still a tiny bit snug in the waist, but my only remaining pair of jeans that is the next size up are so loose that I have to wear a belt and cinch it up to almost the same snugness, so I figured it was just as easy to wear the smaller jeans and not have to mess with a belt.

I am SO close to my goal now, and I am SO excited that I am going to reach it well before my September 9th deadline (my 30th birthday). I started my weight loss journey on July 23rd of last year, with a goal of losing 62 lbs by my 30th. In the las 11 months I have lost 55 of those pounds. And pardon me for tooting my own horn a little bit, but I FREAKIN' ROCK. I am SO proud of myself for not only setting the goal, but having the faith in myself that I could actually acheive it. Not to mention finding the motivation on a regular basis. I've done really well with my exercising this year, but there were SO many days that I didn't want to get up and hurl myself around my livingroom at 5:00 in the morning. SO many days when I was too tired to get up and go but that I got up and went anyway. Not to say that I've been perfect, but I have willingly exercised more times in the last 7 months than I have in the previous 29 years of life. I have even managed to be an inspiration to other people through my various blog and Facebook posts. That, to me, is increadible. For the last 6 years I have been the one looking for inspiration. And now to be able to be able to inspire other people with my hard work and dedication... well, it's pretty awesome.

And who knows? I may decide to keep going with my weight loss even after I reach my goal (since my goal weight is at the highest end of what is actually healthy for me). We'll see. My only mission was to get back to the place where I felt really happy with myself, and I'm almost there. I'd have to lose an additional 20 lbs beyong my goal weight to get to my medically 'ideal' weight, and I just don't think I have it in me. But we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Micah,
    I'm so proud of you! Your dedication to taking care of yourself is inspiring! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete