Yesterday I watched the movie Eat Pray Love starring Julia Roberts. The movie itself was so-so, but there were several enjoyable scenes. My favorite one was, when Julia Roberts character was in Naples eating pizza with a friend, the friend was complaining about having gained 10 lbs and a muffin top since she'd been in Italy. Roberts' character replied that she had as well and that that was okay...
"I'm so tired of saying 'no', then waking up in the morning and recalling every single thing I ate the day before. Counting every calorie I consume so I know exactly how much self-loathing to take into the shower. So I'm going for it. I have no interest in being obese, I'm just through with the guilt."
I like that attitude. I'm not there yet, of course, as I still have 17 lbs to lose to get to my goal weight. But I hope that once I reach it I'll be able to have a more positive outlook on my relationship with food. I hope that I'll be able to create and maintain a balance with my eating, so that my food intake doesn't have to be (literally) feast or famine.
No comments:
Post a Comment