Monday, June 13, 2011

Lately I have been thinking about my diet, and the plateau I have been on for several weeks now. I decided to switch things up by going on the Atkins diet. I'm not going full boar with it (as in making a permanent lifestyle change) because honestly I would rather be fat than unable to have bread, alcohol or chocolate ever again. I decided to just do the induction period, which is the beginning of the program where you do not eat more than 20 grams of net carbs per day. But instead of doing the induction for 2 weeks I am doing it for 4, which will take me to mid-July (the week of my brother Kasey's wedding to be precise) and will hopefully take me most of, if not all of the way to my goal weight, which is 14 lbs from where I am at now.

Today is Day 1.
So far so good. I put in a stellar 60 minutes on the recumbant bike first thing this morning and followed it up with a hard boiled egg and a cup of coffee (which is not as sweet or creamered as I prefer it, but I can't afford to spend the carbs on extra sweetner and half & half). I know that soon, so very soon, I will be missing bread in ways I can't even imagine; I will ache for it like a blind man aches for sight, but right now I am so full from my 3 egg omelette with sauteed mushrooms and cheese that I don't really feel wanting for anything at this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment