Sunday, January 9, 2011

Who Dat? Seattle Dat!

In light of the astonishing 41-36 victory the Seattle Seahawks had over the New Orleans Saints yesterday, I feel it's my duty (as a die hard Seahawk fan) to mention them on here.

I love Seattle. I love the Seattle Seahawks. I'm no 'fair weather fan', I love them rain or shine. I loved the Seahawks back when loving the Seahawks would get you beat up in a dark alley.

That being the case, I am SO FREAKIN STOKED about yesterdays victory!! I admit that when I was discussing the game with Steve (my husband) yesterday morning I was expecting the worst. I mean really - us against last year's Superbowl champions? With the season we had? Right. But I was still hopeful. As I told Steve, I expected the worst but hoped for the best. And the best is what we got baby!!

Speaking of Steve, we are in constant disagreement about whose football team we will teach our children to love. I'm a Seahawk fan, and while Steve likes the Seahawks too, he is a Charger fan first and foremost. He thinks the girls' should be Charger fans, but (seeing as we live right by Seattle) I disagree. Seahawks all the way! So I wonder - is there a fair way to solve this? Should we flip a coin to see whose team spirit we will inundate our daughters with? Or should we each take one daughter into our team-loving fold? Raise one kid to love the Seahawks and the other to love the Chargers. That seems the best way to do it, save for the possibility of furthering future sibling rivalry. But if we did it that way, how do we decide which child to foster team love in? Who gets Maron on their team's side and who gets Marida? What do you think?


2 comments:

  1. I have seen kids in tshirts with half as one team and half as the other. i bet if you googled that you might score something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has not been my observation that Maron accepts being told what she likes. I think in the end you will find this discussion is utterly pointless.

    ReplyDelete