Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Marida Update


I think we have finally turned a corner as far as Marida's sleeping habits. She's been a good night time sleeper for a while now, but every night for several weeks running I would hear Marida start to cry at/around 7:00 am. When I would go in to get her I would find her on her side at the end of the crib, perpendicular to the direction I laid her down in, with both her legs wedged through the crib bars up to her thighs. I was usually able to free her pretty easily, but it would leave red marks on her legs like this



For the past week Marida has been sleeping in longer, and when she wakes up she is on her back or her tummy, but with no legs sticking out of the crib. This is a good sign of progress, and I hope it continues.
In other Marida news, at 8 months old she can sit upright, although she still can't get herself into a sitting position. I have to sit her up, but then she can stay like that for quite a while. She is not crawling yet either, but she is so close to crawling I can taste it. She gets up on her knees and rocks back and forth and even shuffles her feet behind her. If she could stop her feet from sliding out she would be good to go. Lack of crawling doesn't seem to be an issue for her anymore though, as she has learned to creep with a mighty vengence. She's quick as a pixie when she wants to be, and nothing left on the floor is safe nowadays.
Marida's 9 month checkup is in February, and I am very much looking forward to finding out how much my little monkey weighs! She's not so little anymore - she outgrew her infant carseat this month and we had to buy her secondary carseat this past weekend. Today she took her first trip in it and did very well. They grow so fast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment