Here I am, on the 2nd to the last day of January. As of midnight tomorrow I will have gone the entire month without sweets. No candy, no cookies, no chocolate... It's been a long month, to say the least.
I wish I could sit here and tell you that a month without treats has cured me of my massive sweet tooth. I want to tell you that my heart no longer races when I walk down the candy isle at the store. That the thought of a package of Oreos means nothing to me now. I want to tell you those things, but it would be a lie. And lying is wrong. The truth is that I want chocolate just as much now as I did 30 days ago.
Only time will tell whether or not this month off from chocolate has instilled in me a sense of moderation when it comes to the sweeter things in life. I think, for the most part, that I'm going to have to go forth into the remainder of this year with a 'Just Say No' attitude when it comes to sweets. Not to say that I'll never have anything, just that from now on a treat is going to have to be just that - a treat. I can no longer hold shelf space in my freezer for a pint of ice cream. Because if the ice cream is there, eventually I will eat it. Sweets are going to have to be reserved for special occasions.
The biggest thing I have going for me right now is my diet. I have lost 10 lbs this month, and it shows. My fat girl jeans are fairly loose on me now, and my not-as-fat girl jeans almost fit. I don't have to struggle to pull them on and zip them up, whereas at the end of December I did. I'm feeling really good about myself these days. I keep my diet very regimented during the week and that is going to be my best defense against all things sugary and sweet. My next 2011 challenge is coming up. February is the NO BOOZE month. I'm terrified of trying to go a whole month without a drop of alcohol, but I'm also excited to see how it will affect my weight loss goal, since I won't be spending my weekends throwing away the week's hard work on beer.
No comments:
Post a Comment