Monday, April 11, 2011

Getting There,,,

Anyone who knows me knows that when discussing my main weight loss goal, I generally refer to it as 'backing myself into an old wardrobe'. That is exactly what it is. There is a tote under the daybed in my daughter's room that is full of clothes that I love. Clothes, unfortunately, I have not been able to wear since the (very) early months of 2005. These clothes are my target - my goal. I keep tossing around numbers of the pounds I want to lose and how much I want to weight in the end. But really the numbers are only the representation of what I think I weighed back when I was able to wear the light blue Old Navy jeans with the studs running up the sides. If it turns out that when I reach my 'goal' weight I am still unable to wear those jeans, I will keep plugging away at the pounds until I can wear them.

So this morning I woke up to the wonderful discovery that I have lost 2 more pounds. That's 32 lbs total since January 3rd, and 18 lbs away from the goal. This afternoon, just for shits and giggles, I decided to drag out the tote of clothes and try things on, just to see where I am at. Now here's where it gets good: As far as backing into my old wardrobe, I am over HALF WAY THERE!!! Because of my whim for trying on clothes, I have now added back into my wardrobe 3 pairs of shorts, one pair of girly swim trunks and one pair of cargo pants. Cargo pants, I might add, that I love more than any other pair of cargo pants I have ever owned. They are one size up from my goal size, but they too have been locked away for the past 6 years. I am SO stoked to have them back, and even more stoked to find they are just as awesome and comfortable as I remember them. :-)

As for the goal jeans, there are 4 pairs in total. I am pleased to say that I am able to button and (with some effort) zip them all up. Even if the result above the waist line is far from ideal, they at least go on. That is excellent news, especially on the heels of a weight plateau last week. I was a little disheartened from that, but after 2 lbs lost and half the clothes I used to wear back in my dresser I am feeling more confident than ever that I am going to reach every weight loss goal I have by (if not before) my deadline of September 9th.

1 comment: