The Devil of Mercy
I walk alone in the park at night
And the Devil of Mercy enters my sight.
I tremble and shake
As I feel the earth quake,
I’m filled with fright
As I am sucked into the deep, dark night.
The Devil of Mercy has not a care
As to what’s going on, when or where.
He deserves not a passion, but a cage to enclose
Tightly around his body, his shadow, his pose.
He does not live to his name, it to what he believes
The world should be like, in its fearness and grieves.
I have one thing to say, and it shall be my last...
The fear in the world shall never quite pass.
I was 10 years old.
I asked Jason if he wanted to read the first poem I ever wrote and he said yes.
He read it and then folded it up and handed it back to me and said, “That’s a pretty dark poem sweetie.” I replied, “Yeah, it really is, isn’t it.”
I was 10.
No comments:
Post a Comment