Monday, June 18, 2012

Starting Over

This past weekend, while sipping on a beer and snarfing on a cupcake, I started thinking about my life and fitness goals (again), and I decided that it's time to become proactive in the quest for health and happiness (again). So I decided to re-start the Insanity fitness program that I had so much success with last year. I'm going to tackle the program head on and do my best to get through it entirely. Six days a week is a lot to ask, but I have big plans for the future, and (oddly enough) none of thos plans involve being fat and having to shop in the plus-size section of the clothing department. 


I was reading a diet/fitness article in an issue of Women's Health recently, and it said that every new day is a chance to start over and do better. For me that new day is TODAY.


So today shall henceforth be known as Day 1 - Fit Test.


I got up, got dressed, pushed play, and jumped and kicked my little heart out for 25 grueling minutes. And while my Fit Test exercise rep numbers aren't as high as they have been in the past, I feel like I worked harder at it today than I ever have before. Part of it was the fact that I am wildly out of shape at present, so every move takes that much more effort for me to complete. And the other part of it was the fact that my husband had gotten up with me and was putting in a hard 30 minutes on the recumbant bike. And we always seem to work a little harder when there is someone else in the room, don't we?


So that's my story for now. Assuming I survive the day I'll be up and at it again tomorrow, in the hopes of doing better in the second half of 2012 than I did in the first. Because the time to be happy is now, dammit! I have everything I need to acheive my goals, so all I need to do is press PLAY and do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment