So last night J and I went to Scarywood Haunted Nights. Not familiar with that name? No worries, I gotcha covered - just go here here: http://www.scarywoodhaunt.com
What did I think of the adventure, you ask? Well I'm glad you asked, because I thought it was fifty shades of freaking AWESOME!! From the zombie riddled train ride to the horrific cannibalism-themed haunted house, I loved it. I spanned the whole spectrum from mildly startled, to majorly creeped out, to "Oh my God this is SO SCARY - why didn't I wear my brown pants?!"
J had a great time too. He thought most of the attractions were cool, and I'd say that made up for about 10% of his enjoyment. The other 90% of his kicks came from watching me LOSING MY MIND from fear.
HE wasn't scared of much there, because he knew that none of it - zombies and chainsaw wielding psycho's included - was actually real. He was amused by the fact that I actually believed there was danger, that the zombie hissing 2 inches away from my face really was going to eat me. I did my best on the post-midnight ride home to explain that I have what I've always referred to as 'willing suspension of disbelief'. That basically means that, while I know in my mind that the monsters and other things going bump in the night aren't real, I can put that knowledge on hold - back burner it, if you will - and I can let myself believe that all of those thing are real, VERY real, and that they are all out to get me. That's why I get so into movies and such. And that's why I lost my voice screaming last night. The fact is, I'm exactly the kind of person that these places want to have as a patron; the kind of person who starts screaming at the beginning of the haunted house, and doesn't stop until I'm safely out the other side.
It was definitely a great night for me and my honey, I can totally see myself going back to that in the future. Bravo Scarywood, bravo!
No comments:
Post a Comment