SOOOOO much has happened in my life in the last year-plus that there really is no good way to go about getting you up to speed. I figure that if there is no good place to start I can just start anywhere, so that's what I'm going to do. That being said, welcome to a new segment I like to call "Catching Up"!
I have a cat. His name is Oscar.
The HR manager at my company found a stray mama cat and kittens last fall, and she decided to take them in and find homes for them. I opted to take the only male kitten, and I named him Oscar after Maron's favorite book, 'Oscar and the Moon Cats'.
This is Oscar
This is the rest of him.
He was about 4 1/2 months old when I brought him home. He's now 9 months old, and he is gigantic. He is super cute, super soft, and he is a super mama's boy. (Honestly, he's SO clingy! If he was a boyfriend I'd have broken up with him by now.) He follows me to and fro over every inch of the apartment, and he is especially fond of falling over right in front of my feet as I'm walking down the 2 steps from the entryway to the kitchen. And if I sit down for more than 3 nanoseconds, Oscar is RIGHT THERE, going for my lap or my shoulder or both (because let's face it - he's big enough). He is a super sweet cat, and he has shown nothing but love and infinite tolerance for my kids, who love to pet him and pick him up ineffectively (he's so big they can't get their little arms around him properly). I am terribly fond of this little (huge) guy, and the fact that he came into my life when and how he did just shows, once more, that the Universe knows what it's doing far better than I do.
Thus ends Part 1 of Catching Up.
I have my own place. Half the time it's me and the girls, and the other half of the time it's just me. But no matter what, there is always, ALWAYS Oscar.


No comments:
Post a Comment